This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Storm Speculation - 3/6

Danzilla
Lots of people were talking about this on the lifts over the weekend.  I even heard a few people talking about it at the bars in NC on Saturday night.  Maybe the couple who headed OB on Sunday and thought better of it.  I kept checking NOAA, TWC, Accuweather, etc. with no mention.  NOAA just bit and it looks like Accuweather is jumping on too:

warnzone=NYZ042&warncounty=NYC113&firewxzone=NYZ042&local_place1=&product1=Hazardous+Weather+Outlook">http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=NYZ042&warncounty=NYC113&firewxzone=NYZ042&local_place1=&product1=Hazardous+Weather+Outlook

I could get used to a nice weekly helping.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
coastal system..

"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

BenedictGomez
The 00z NAM is out, and if it verified it would absolutely pummel the Catskills and DAX with heavy snow.

It's weird, basically after departing NJ to the northeast, the entire precipitation shield wraps around itself, like h2o spinning down a drain or a golfball going 360 degrees around a cup and comes back to NJ again.  In the middle of that there's >1" per hour snowfall in NY.

Of course, it's the NAM and that model have overjuiced the snow all winter, but......

Can we get SOME snow?  Please?
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
The NAM has been consistent with it's self for the last 3 days. Then again so has the GFS and ECMWF.
With a powerful vort and cut off, anything can happen..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Yeah well when u guys figure it out let me know K , In the meantime me and the queen are heading out in a couple of minutes to ski today . Whatever will be will be , hopefully it extends the season but in the meantime time to ski ;)
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
I'd love to get popped for a foot like last week and then lingering showers for a few days.  IMO we will get a few inches between tonight and Friday and then have a nice spring corn bash on Saturday with huge bumps on Rumor (and hopefully Sagamore...Mike don't groom it this weekend) at Gore and Hoyts at Whiteface!
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back