classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Storm Speculation: 4/1 - 4/2/11

JasonWx
This post was updated on .
Chance are increasing for a full blown NorEaster on Friday and Saturday...It's only Monday, but it looks interesting..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Storm Speculation: April 1 - 2

JasonWx
GFS is still advertising a blockbuster event for friday and saturday..this could be very interesting!!

"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
How far south will this reach??? Wondering if Greek Peak will get some...thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
at this point in the week everyone has the potential of seeing snow...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Watches are up.

... and a snowmap map from NWS Albany...

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
They are calling for 8-14 at higher elevations from after midnight on Thursday into Friday night (for southern dacks).

We are heading up on Thursday night so that the wife can get some turns in this season.  She has earned it.  Looks like we picked a good weekend:)  I of course might get a few turns in too between babysitting.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
lets not get ahead of ourselves..The NAM has us enjoying a sunny day.One model had a major event and other a sunny day..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Sorry sorry.  I can't help myself.  The wife and I have been locked up with a newborn for the past 5 weeks which has been great of course.  But, it is hard not to get excited.  Just reading from the NWS storm watch.  Which is of course just a watch. It is interesting to see them calling for snow all day on Friday while also forcasting temps in the mid to upper 30's.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Quick up date..The NAM is showing a Major event for Maine..Basically nothing for anyone else..It is hard to go against the NAM in the short range..GFS will be out in about 1hr
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Seems to me like it's usually the other way around. Leading edge of NCP with snow creeping in...

Forecast accumulations are all over the place. And right now NWS has the Cats all snow and a mix for the Daks.

Personally I'm waiting for JASON'S call and will base all my important decisions on his precise call.

Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
As of 18z data, intermediate runs are not my favorite..
Some light mixed precipitation on Thursday for the Cats and Dak's . If the GFS is right a major storm will get cranked up just off the coast. The majority of the heavy stuff will be for the Cats and points East . The heavy stuff will fall Thursday night.. My first guess..

Catskills 6-10
ADK's 2-5 (5 for the southern areas)
Greens 6-10 (southern areas the higher amount)

This can all change very quickly...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
All three NAM/GFS/Euro are still a couple hundred miles apart  I love watching the professionals try to predict storms like this one but the national weather service Albany said it best

"THU NIGHT...WHERE IS THE GROUDHOG ? PROBABLY STILL SLEEPING...AS APRIL FOOLS DAY MAY NOT BE FUNNY IF ONE DOESN/T LIKE SNOW."
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
still sticking with my numbers..the adk's might have to be tweaked a little higher
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I don't know about NAM, EURO,GFS or any of that crap, but I know when it's snowing....and, uhm, it's snowing according to my Indian Weather Rock
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
What a Freak'n Bust!!!!!! Nice way to end the season
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
A real bummer.  Blame me.  I got a little to excited. That's what a few months of reading the blog with no actual riding does to a guy.  At least there wasn't too much r**n.  Some snow fell on Friday but only an inch or two.  Hoping the r**n this week doesn't do too much damage.  Mountain was in amazing shape this past weekend even without the anticipated big dump.