classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sugarbush 4/14 - 4/15/2019

Joneski73
This post was updated on .
When we arrived on Saturday, the forecast was looking like it might be wet for the next day.  To my relief, I woke Sunday morning to blue skies, and no rain in the forecast until the evening.

First ride up, Castlerock area is looking nice.

Looking up the spine towards Mt Mansfield.  One of my favorite views!

Nice soft corn bumps on Paradise.

Towards the bottom, spring appears to be winning as streams make their way out from under the snowpack.

I headed over to Castlerock and found that you had to walk the bottom of the access trail to get to the lift.  Some were going across with skis on, but it wasn’t worth taking a core shot IMO.

Bottom of Middle Earth.  The top 3/4 was in excellent shape.  This was really the only major obstacle to get around.  You had to take your skis off and walk about 100 yards to get back to the lift, or if you had your rock skis, you could go right down over the grassy slope as a few we’re doing.

Back up the lift to hit Rumble and then the Castlerock lift line.

This was my first time on Rumble.  I thought the coverage was pretty good.  I was following a dad and his young son down.  I chatted with them at the bottom.  They said they have been skiing it all year, and thought the coverage was the worst today.  I wish I could have gotten here earlier in the season!

Castlerock liftline skied great too with only a couple obstacles to navigate around.  Today was the last day the Castlerock double will be running.

I finished out the day skiing Steins run and a few others off the Valley House quad.  

The rain arrived as forecasted on Saturday night.  Sunday morning, showed a significant snow loss and conditions were downright miserable.

Lincoln Peak was completely above the clouds, but I headed there anyway.

I headed down Jester.  Visibility was bad and the snow conditions weren’t much better.  There was a single groomer track coming down that was carveable.  If you got outside of it, it was quite rough.  Further down on Spring Fling, it was rough and icy.  I called it a day after 1 run.

We made the best of the day with a ride up to Stowe and a visit to The Alchemist and lunch at Piecasso.  Headed home early with a mixed case of Heady Topper and Focal Banger.

All in all it was a good end to another memorable ski season👍
Ski the snow on the ground, not the date on the calendar. - Glenn Plake
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sugarbush 4/14 - 4/15/2019

Brownski
I really like Sugarbush. It’s been a long time since I got there though.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller