Sugarloaf Cat Skiing Open Now on Burnt Mountain

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sugarloaf Cat Skiing Open Now on Burnt Mountain

brooklynrob
I saw on the Sugarloaf daily report that they've now opened their Burnt Mountain Cat Skiing with the recent snow. Has anyone made it up to try out the cat yet? More generally has anyone hiked and skied Burnt Mountain pre-cat? Would love to hear impressions and thoughts. Despite a press release in September I guess they've only opened it now. Here's a video from 2015 I found that gives a bit of a flavor.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sugarloaf Cat Skiing Open Now on Burnt Mountain

Benny Profane
Was there last week for the storm, and missed the inaugural opening by one day. Considering the conditions, it must have been pretty awesome. Early day runs are 30 bucks, then price drops to 25. Looks like you can really only do one of two a day. Looked pretty cool from the chair. They were giving VIPs early tastes, my buddy talked to one at the Winterstick factory, which is right at the bottom of a lift, and his report was glowing.
First time I was at that mountain. Burnett Basin tree area right next to it is awesome. Great place. Weird accents. Long drive, beware of deer and frost heaves.
funny like a clown