classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

TR: A Basin and Breckenridge, February 28-March 2, 2014

Adrider83
This post was updated on .
I know, I know...who hasn't been to Breck.  Well, I hadn't, and it was a great weekend to explore all their new terrain on Peak 6.  Also, I love A-Basin so much.  We had a great day there on Friday, with about 5 inches of new snow.  Skied the trees all day Saturday at Breck.  Windows, Needle's Eye and the Burn were all great.  Sunday, the sun came out, and the top was untouched.  Lake Chutes and Peak 6 blew me away- did not realize such good terrain could be found at Breckenridge.  Here are a few pics from the weekend:

A little jumping in Montezuma Bowl at A Basin

Coming down Six Senses on Peak 6 and Breck
Line on Lake Chutes

A few more from A Basin on Friday- great soft turns on Lower East Wall:

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: TR: A Basin and Breckenridge

Skidds
Nice.  Brings back memories.  My only trip to Breck and A Basin was before the Imperial Express went in and the Zuma lift and back side were in play.  We took the hike up the spine on the left as you look up the Lake Chutes.  That was a white knuckle 45 minute adventure just to get up there.  North Pole was the only chute we hiked on the East Wall, which was relative easy out of the North Pole Hiking Gate.  Of course no hike is easy at 13,000 feet.  Glad we had a couple days in Denver to adjust before skiing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: TR: A Basin and Breckenridge

Adrider83
Nice man!  Yeah - the elevation out there is tough for sure...lots of water and chapstick to keep me happy.