classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

TR: Last day and first day on the same day at Sir Sam's

Sick Bird Rider
This post was updated on .
On a beautiful Easter Saturday, what are you going to do? Go skiing, of course. Blue Toes agreed that sufficient Cuba prep had been done (we leave on Thursday) so off we went to Sir Sam's. It was BT's first ski day of the season and Sir Sam's closing day. We agreed that she will henceforth describe herself as a "spring skier."

The parking lot was a sure sign of spring:

A sunny day and a ski date!

You have to love a hill that has runs named Banana, Birdwatcher and Dingle Dangle, and an ancient chair called the Red Rocket.

The Red Rocket left us at the top of Dingle Dangle.

Lunch time: Sir Sam's deck is world-famous, here it is full spring action:

When I informed Blue Toes that Sir Sam's boasts the Longest Covered Magic Carpet Ride in North America, she had to check it out. This lift is called the Time Tunnel.

We stumbled upon the Easter Egg Hunt at the top of The Cash Register (who names these runs?). Here the participants get ready:

And they're off! Snowboarder kid on the left has it all figured out; he's got his helmet ready to gather eggs.

A great day was had by all and I am hoping that it was not my last ski day of the season. Hang in there Jay Peak, I'm back from Cuba on the 12th!

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report