TR: WARP's RED group rocks Tremblant

20 messages Options
gorgonzola gorgonzola
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: WARP's RED group rocks Tremblant

warp rockin' it old's kool! great report and pics! i'd like to get the mrs up there but those temps might scare her away!
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

In reply to this post by warp daddy
warp daddy wrote
Campy :  I TRY my man , I try   those one- liners  are good ole North Country aphorisms-- good to hear from ya .

BTW did u get the MRI results ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~vibes that all went well.

Gotta have u back on the hill
Not yet...results will be in tomorrow.

warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

In reply to this post by gorgonzola
Try March or even late March.

Its beautiful in summer too . Lac Tremblant is a good sized body of water. The Laurentians are dotted with great lakes , rivers etc and some really nice golf courses if that's your thing.
gorgonzola gorgonzola
Reply |

@warp - definately on the hit list, might be a consideration if we don't make it out west in late march

@camp  - hoping all goes well! how's it feeling?
x10003q x10003q
Reply |

In reply to this post by warp daddy
Great trip report. I last skied Tremblant in 2000. We stayed on the South and had a great time. I do not think there was any housing on the North yet. We were there the end of March and we lucked out with some warmth. I have skied Tremblant in similar condtions to your trip. The place can be cold and brutal. I would still head back.
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

gorgonzola wrote

@camp  - hoping all goes well! how's it feeling?
Sore (no real pain) and still swollen...was at GP yesterday...gave ski patrol a Hollenbeck's hot apple pie thanking them for the ride down the hill then hit the bar w/ the crew.
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

In reply to this post by x10003q
Just  to clarify : THERE IS NO  Slopeside HOUSING AT THE BASE ON THE NORD .

Our Auberge is about 2 miles from the NORD base lodge an easy drive , we park right next to the lodge . It is low density , retro and easy, quick  access. There are many places to stay on the NORD side but they are all located Auberge s or in some cases rentals .
gorgonzola gorgonzola
Reply |

In reply to this post by campgottagopee
i guess that's  good - describes about half the parts of my body! we got a bye week from hockey next weekend, might try to get up depending on the weather and mrs snowbunski's psia clinic schedule

sorry for the thread jack warp!
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

Gorgo : There are several closeby easier hills  toofor the Mrs if u r up there a couple of days . EG Mont Blanc about 1200 or so vert is right there by St Jovite another great ski town about 5 miles from Tremblant , and there are many , many others too .
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey

Where : Tremblant

Conditions: Pow --dumpage

OK So 4 of our happy assed group of Retired Extremely Dangerous ski whackjobs loaded up the SUV with some good booze and muchies and headed out for one of our thrice yearly excursions to Disneyland North , er Tremblant that is .

We've been skiing together for damn near 3 *