Tales from the Hinterland: 2012/13 edition

57 messages Options
1 ... 3456
Telemark Dave Telemark Dave
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: The Endless Winter, Part 52

Actually it was a waste of Potential Energy.  Mass x gravity x height.

I hate when that happens.  

TD
DackerDan DackerDan
Reply |

Re: The Endless Winter, Part 52

I like the pics of your powder hound....
Reply |

BEST. MARCH 22. OF THE LAST COUPLE YEARS...

This AM's ski was the best March 22 since at least a couple March's ago.  Maybe more.  

Full TR to follow, as soon as SBR gets his Cuba bikes boxed.  Or at least that's what he told me....

TD
Sick Bird Rider Sick Bird Rider
Reply |

Good evening, my name is SBR and I need a haircut.

Duuude...

I is workin' on it, mon.

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply |

Re: Good evening, my name is SBR and I need a haircut.

YOWZA!

I can't wait to find out what happened...!!!

Maaaaaybe some............

SKIING!!!!

Td
Reply |

an awesome morning at The Pipeline

This morning we went to The Pipeline, our favorite local stash. The guy who plows the road put in a new gate this year. We appreciate the fact that he purchased the model friendly to those in ski boots.

If we could open the gate, we could drive in. But instead we ski. It is better this way.

The bottom half of the pitch. A blank canvas, though a little gloomy-looking.

All traces of the previous skin track was gone. The guy with the fattest skis must go first.

First tracks and second tracks.

TD has the slarve-slalom going on, while I am more of the big GS turn school of thought.

There is a lot of room for expression here.

Another? Of course! TD sporting the hand-me-down shades (from his son), completing the matching goggle/jacket/hat steeze.

And another. Up.

Well, it is looking a bit tracked out. Time for lunch. What a fantastic morning!
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply |

Spring skiing at home

By the miracle of air travel, I was swimming in the Caribbean Sea on Thursday and skiing in the Hinterlandian forest today. It's going to be a late spring up here. Lakes are still locked up tight with ice, snow is persisting in the shaded areas and winter is only barely loosening its grip. For some of us, this is good. Hidden Bump has been closed for two weeks and still has full coverage, so some after hours earned turns will be next on the agenda.

After work today, I went for the "three hills tour" of our little paradise. On skis, I climbed up Secret Hill, which seemed like a better idea than skiing down. I didn't take any pictures of Bonk Hill but did manage a few hop turns down there. Telemark Hill was a bit vegetated.

There were lots of wolf tracks, many fresher than than this. I kept a close eye on the dog.

I am glad to see the beavers are back. Hopefully they will stick around this time.
1 ... 3456