98 messages Options
1234567 ... 10
Telemark Dave Telemark Dave
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: TFTH

Darkside Shaman wrote
The Chargers love that don't they!
I recall the late Allan Bard saying something to the effect of "..how did we ever ski where we did with what we did..."

My anorexic Karhu Guides aren't feeling much love these past few weeks...

TD
Sick Bird Rider Sick Bird Rider
Reply |

Speaking of anorexic, I went for a late afternoon tour on the trusty Fischer S-Bounds, which are a scant 78 mm underfoot. It was more of a slog than a ski.

I'm worried about the Snow-depth-o-meter, it seems to be near the breaking point:

I skied through the woods and down Bonk Hill, more or less straightlining the hill we love to turn on. My ski tracks out over the pond look more like a snowshoe trail:
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply |

Sick Bird Rider wrote
I'm worried about the Snow-depth-o-meter, it seems to be near the breaking point:
"Like!!!!!"

TD

Reply |

Gonna rename this place Niseko.  
Another too much snow to get to work day.  

TD
Reply |

Telemark Dave wrote

TD
I called your boss and suggested that he email you some drawings since you were getting so bored at home. He told me that he would be calling every hour to check on your progress.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply |

Sick Bird Rider wrote
Telemark Dave wrote

TD
I called your boss and suggested that he email you some drawings since you were getting so bored at home. He told me that he would be calling every hour to check on your progress.
Hmmmm.  "His" name is Amanda.. Just sayin'.

TD

Reply |

Now back to your regular scheduled programming ..

Returned to Pipeline this aft.  Skied lots of pow. LOTS!
And still it snowed. I made sure I didn't get there until the grumpy plow drivers had done their thing.  I arrived to a freshly plowed turn around, and in the brief hour or so I was skiing, 4 more inches accumulated.

Anyways, back to work tomorrow.  
But I'll return tomorrow night for some moonlit freshies... It's an addiction, And I just can't get enough...
Reply |

So true to my word, I went for a night powder pillage.  There was a clear sky, a touch of moon, and the potential of a showing of the aurora borealis. There was also some cold smoke powder to use up.

The 1km ski in was wonderful. No need to use my headlamp...in fact I didn't need it for the skin up hill either.  I did use it for a couple downhill surf runs - simply amazing skiing knee deep pow at night. It was blower too, accentuated by the headlamp beam.  No action pics as SBR declined to attend - ya snooze ya loose.

Here's about the only pic that turned out.  Pretty mundane, but that's what I got.  It's on the skin up.

Td
Reply |

Well done!

I did snooze and lose but the snooze was very necessary. Heading out shortly (in the daylight) for some sampling of the remaining local goods before the upcoming "consolidation."

FYI, weather weenies report that our region has received SEVEN FEET of snowfall since Dec. 1. I have quite a stockpile if anybody wants to trade vertical feet for snow.
Reply |

Sick Bird Rider wrote
FYI, weather weenies report that our region has received SEVEN FEET of snowfall since Dec. 1. I have quite a stockpile if anybody wants to trade vertical feet for snow.
Ain't that the truth.  If we continue to acquire snow at the current rate, it will be deeper than our hills are high!

Go get some SBR.  

TD
1234567 ... 10