The Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour is coming to NY

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour is coming to NY

Sick Bird Rider
This is not spam, it is a PSA for an event that should not be missed! I have hosted the BMFF World Tour in my town for 13 years. If you have never seen the BMFF, put it on your list of extra-curricular activities for this winter. The fact that we can sell out a 400 seat theatre for two consecutive nights in a town of 20,000 is a testament to the quality of films being presented. Each host gets to pick the films for their showing, for an example, see what's playing in Huntsville by checking out my work-related blog.

The festival is playing at a number of locations in New York State, all over the the US and Canada, and even has one stop in New Jersey!

For a little stoke, check out the trailer:

Here is some canned info for those of you who are saying "why have I never heard of this film festival?"

What is the Banff Mountain Film Festival?

The Banff Mountain Film Festival is an international film competition featuring the world’s best footage on mountain subjects. The festival began in 1976 and is held annually on the first weekend in November in Banff, Alberta, Canada.  The year 2010 marks the 35th anniversary of the festival.

What is the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour?

Immediately after the festival in November, a selection of the best films entered in the festival goes on tour. The host organization in each tour location chooses a program that reflects the interests of their community. Each community creates a unique celebration of local adventure and adventurers. The world tour spans the globe reaching over 200,000 audience members in 30 countries and 360 locations, with over 550 screenings.  

Many of the tour screenings benefit an outdoor program, community cause, or a nonprofit organization. Some of the causes supported by the tour are bursaries for outdoor pursuits, adventure programs for disadvantaged children, search and rescue operations, climbing clubs, youth ski programs, and trail maintenance groups.

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour is coming to NY

Harvey
Administrator
Sweet info and trailer SBR.

That NJ location is ten minutes from my house.

The BMFF is on my calendar.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp