classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
30 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Final Cut

Face4Me
ADKarver wrote
In addition to the new intermediate on lookout, there should be a cutoff near the end of Hoyt's to the Summit Quad.
Sounds like a pretty cool idea, if it's feasible.

You'd be able to bounce back and forth between the Summit Quad and the Lookout Triple without having to go down to the mid-station or the base.
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
In reply to this post by ADKarver
ADKarver wrote
In addition to the new intermediate on lookout, there should be a cutoff near the end of Hoyt's to the Summit Quad.

Secondly, as a resident from CT, I never seen a NY governor with his mind on upstate issues as the one you have now…in other words, if there ever was an opportunity to expand Whiteface's mileage cap…this may be the time.  There may not be $$$ for the work but the regulatory issues could be done now.
You clearly were not paying attention in the Pataki years then.  This Gov almost shut down Orda only 2 budgets ago and slashed the budget.  Pataki brought Orda a Gondi at both WF and Gore, the Face Lift, the big terrian expansion at Gore and Lookout at WF, the new Kids Kampus buildings, snowmaking expansions etc etc etc.

Maybe you are viewing things thru a very polically lens but wow Dude you could not be more wrong! I can not totally believe that someone actually thinks this!
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

ADKarver
My point was not about capital expenditures (every municipality has budget issues) , it was about legislative approvals to increase trail capacity that I think your governor could deliver. As a non resident of NY, he appears to me to work both sides of the aisles very well and perhaps he could convince environmental groups the need for future trail expansion at Whiteface.

I know we are not supposed to talk about politics on HR, but to your point about "political lens"; I would bet that if we both lived in the same state are ballots would be very similar.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
pay attention AS, every single state agency/authority's budgets have been cut over the past two years.  Its called balancing the state's budget...

This Gov directed nearly a quarter billion in grants to the North Country in his first two years.  Now its time for the north country economic development experts and (whoa is me) local gov't types to step up..  (And not blow it on hiring a consultant to do a freaking study!!!  I am so done w/ that)  

ADKarver - very astute observation.  First step - use some new technology to re-map and get a very accurate count...

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
ScottyJack wrote
(And not blow it on hiring a consultant to do a freaking study!!!  I am so done w/ that)
I wonder how you break into this business. Seems like a really good gig. Just accumulate a bunch of studies that have already been done, reword and repackage some stuff, lay out some obvious options with pros and cons of each proposal, and sell your "research" to the state. Collect your check, and move on to your next mark - cough, cough, I mean "client".
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
there is a lot of stuff that still could get done before we need any white collar interferance.   Parons down to Excelsior is the place that should be gladed.  Let the bark eaters take care of rest of sugar valley.  Allocate the sugar valley glade money over to parons glade.

Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
tjf1967 wrote
Parons down to Excelsior is the place that should be gladed.  Let the bark eaters take care of rest of sugar valley.  Allocate the sugar valley glade money over to parons glade.
no glades above 2800 feet.  crtical habitat for species of special concern.  waste of time trying to open that can of worms.  not gonna happen.

great glade potential in woods between empire and mackenzie.  extend high country glades all the way up to the 2800 foot elevation contour.

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
 Glade that entire side.  And work on a way to get the birds to go somewhere else.  May  be post some signs letting them know they need to go build a nest somewhere else.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
tjf1967 wrote
Glade that entire side.  And work on a way to get the birds to go somewhere else.  May  be post some signs letting them know they need to go build a nest somewhere else.
bwahahahahahahah

silly birds---fly fly fly far away

Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
I think I recall another discussion last year where I said essentially the same thing about the "fricking bird" and you guys went ape crap on me.  

If there can not be glades above 2800 that pretty much wipes out much the potential for glades off this last trail doesn't it.  What about the snowfields between skyward and upper cloud - we ski them and that is above 2800 feet - are we hurting the f-ing bird?  There are other glades not on the map like the "patrol" glades off upper cloud that are not bird friendly either.  
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.