The Gear Source and Winter Expo

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The Gear Source and Winter Expo

GoofyRider
Checked out the Winter Expo at the Saratoga city center yesterday afternoon..

Right in the middle of the room was The Gear Source.  I was looking for some bindings to put on my rock board.  They were selling complete used boards, but no separate bindings.  The guys were only too happy to help me out by selling me a pair of the bindings from one of the complete used set-ups.  Even had to go out to his truck to get a screwdriver.  Those guys are awesome.

some other thoughts -
You can't beat free admission and the greeter at the entrance was friendly and helpful.  The Whiteface booth was front and center, first booth when you walked in.  They had one of those inflatable booths blowing cash around inside.  Sadly, my name was not selected.

Nearly every vendor had some kind of raffle going on.  I vowed to bring my return address stickers next year instead of writing my address over and over again.  

Off to one side of the room was a luge demonstation.  Kids and some adventerous parents were lined up to take a ride down a portable metal ramp on a luge sled equipped with roller blade type wheels.

I went to the Spring/Summer expo as well.  These events are very organized and friendly.  I always leave feeling I got a good deal on whatever I bought.  Also, there is so much knowledge in the room.  All the vendors are great to talk with.  In fact, most of the people I spoke with went above and beyond to answer questions and offer suggestions and opinions.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The Gear Source and Winter Expo

Adk Jeff
I went to the Expo yesterday as well, and you're right:  it was an excellent event.  Enjoyed talking with the many exhibitors there.  My 2 (OK, almost 3) year old daughter even tried out the luge run.  The portable luge run is a great way for the luge program to reach out into the community to build interest and recruit for their sport.  With only 4 luge runs in North America, a program like that is critical for the sport's visibility.  Anyway, hats off to those guys.
I'll definitely look to go again next year.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The Gear Source and Winter Expo

tBatt
My buddy picked up a pair of 2005 K2 Fujatives in solid condition for $50. Definitely some good deals going through that place