The Golf Thread

1186 messages Options
1 ... 3456789 ... 119
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: The Golf Thread

That's why I never play hcp tourneys, NEVER, that shit drives me effin stupid crazy!!! I put my scores in spot on, I want an accurate cap so when I play pro ams it's straight up. My game is so bad now that I need all the help I can get...  lol
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

yeah i also resist the temptation to play tourneys for THAT reason . Many GAME the system which sucks the PHUN out of playing the GAME . It still is a GAME , NOT FN life dammit . relax chill you should COMPETE with YOURSELF even when you are playing with others .

there is already too damn much bs in the world and i ll be dammed if i ever let some kid's game add any more :wink:

Played a couple times sunday and yesterday , course was soaking wet , ergo no roll at all . Posted up a pair of 85s which for me under the circumstances is just  a stroke over average . After last nites and todays rains you will need a damn cannon for a big stick tomorrow  ;)
pro2860 pro2860
Reply |

In reply to this post by campgottagopee
A sandbagger only posts high scores.

An egotist only posts low scores.

The handicap system works well when all scores are posted. Unfortunately many people manipulate the system to achieve their desired handicap.
tjf1967 tjf1967
Reply |

In reply to this post by Z
Report what you get.  The system works out the good rounds and the bad rounds.  People that game the system suck.  I can tell you from experience a lot more people game in their oppnents favor..which I will gladly take your money.  People used to tell me all the time I wasn not a 11 handicap.  My response was yes I am you are not an 8 handicap... now pick up that four footer Ill give it to you.  HA.
Reply |

tjf1967 wrote
Report what you get.  The system works out the good rounds and the bad rounds.  People that game the system suck.  I can tell you from experience a lot more people game in their oppnents favor..which I will gladly take your money.  People used to tell me all the time I wasn not a 11 handicap.  My response was yes I am you are not an 8 handicap... now pick up that four footer Ill give it to you.  HA.

Guys like that crack me up too.

we have one of those at our club. Every time we see him in the bar he's bragging about his score, how many birdies he had, about this, about that, blah, blah, blah. Every Club Championship he's played in he's never broken 90 either day---BWHAHAHWHAHAHAHA
Reply |

One thing to keep in mind is the hcp system is based on potential. By taking the low 10 out of your most recent 20 scores it takes a loooooong time for a cap to change. I also believe you can't have an accurate cap in just 9 holes, so much can happen in the other 9. Anyone who's ever played knows what I mean. I remember one inner club tourney where I was paired with my buddy racer. Standing on the 11th tee I was even par for the day, I made a 11 on the hole , he looked at me and said, "camp, you just got TKO'd"   ----he's an ass
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

My handicap is up there this year, but not because I'm sandbagging. It's mostly because I suck. Nothing ever seems to come together. If I'm driving well, my putting sucks. If I'm putting well, my irons suck... I need to play more. 9 holes every week is not enough to get better...
tjf1967 tjf1967
Reply |

Thats why I dont play anymore.  I moved north and could not find a partner I liked playing with.  Everyone cheated and wanted to play straight up.  I stopped playing and then when I would play I would be pissed all day cause I did not hit the shots I thought I should have.  People who say a bad day of golf is better than a good day at the office are hacks.
When I go out now I am happy to break 95.  

If im not playing and practicing 4 days a week my game is going backwards.  Ill pick it up again someday.  
Reply |

Happy B-day pal
tjf1967 tjf1967
Reply |

Thanks whats going on with your game.  I thought you used to be good?  
1 ... 3456789 ... 119