The Last Dance

33 messages Options
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: The Last Dance

SIAWOL wrote
I just feel they played the entirety of the game with so much more passion back then--and the "team concept" of play led to such spectacular fast breaks and passing. All of this iso and step back 3's in today's game puts me to sleep...
Yes! They played D then, tough D. Now it's all about the three ball and the BS flops.

I like hearing from MJ himself regarding finally making it into the conversation with Magic and Bird about winning championships.
Johnnyonthespot Johnnyonthespot
Reply |

Bad boys of the NBA? Angry 90's Knicks fan here.
Z Z
Reply |

Great series.  This is getting huge ratings with people starved for sports.  It was the heyday of the NBA.  Today I find the Nba hard to watch.  There is so little defense played

It will be interesting to see how the comparisons to the Patriots play out.  The grumpy shrimp boat captain is probably going to find it tough without Brady.  Phil Jackson on the other hand proved his greatness by winning with the Lakers.  Phil won 13 NBA championships 2 as a player with Knicks plus as a coach 6 with Bulls and 5 with Lakers.  That has got to make him the biggest winner in any team sport
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
tirolski tirolski
Reply |

Billy "the kid" Russell won 11 NBA championships, 2 NCAA championships and an Olympic gold, = 14. Math implies Russell won upped him by 1.
Z Z
Reply |

Um, No
Amateur championships don’t count.  

If they did Jordan would be at 10 btw

x10003q x10003q
Reply |

In reply to this post by Z
Z wrote
Great series.  This is getting huge ratings with people starved for sports.  It was the heyday of the NBA.  Today I find the Nba hard to watch.  There is so little defense played

It will be interesting to see how the comparisons to the Patriots play out.  The grumpy shrimp boat captain is probably going to find it tough without Brady.  Phil Jackson on the other hand proved his greatness by winning with the Lakers.  Phil won 13 NBA championships 2 as a player with Knicks plus as a coach 6 with Bulls and 5 with Lakers.  That has got to make him the biggest winner in any team sport
Phil gets a -5 for mailing in his recent Knick "effort" from Montana, thus cancelling out the 5 with the Lakers.
Reply |

I'm really liking this series. I had forgotten just how awesome the dream team truly was.
witch hobble witch hobble
Reply |

Reply |

I should think that this documentary will end all conversation regarding who the GOAT is.
Z Z
Reply |

It was a great series and a clear reminder that MJ was the greatest athlete in any sport that has ever lived

Looking forward to the Lance documentary the next two weeks