Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The Red Group hit Titus Today 2/3/12

warp daddy
This post was updated on .

The Red group hit Titus today . 2/3/12

Conditions : Firm /Fast

Five of us hit the mtn for first chair today after sitting home for 2 weeks and 5 damn ice storms . We all were "antsy" from  not skiing in awhile and had low expectations but figured what the hell a bad day of sliding is better than damn near anything else .

I had lucked out earlier this week when I WAS INFORMED I WON A WINTER PHOTO CONTEST and a gift card at the Mtn for $150 . So my next 6 trips there are free------------ yee haa. .

It was a crisp 18 degrees a pleasantly sunny for about an hr then it started to snow . Just snow showers nothing serious .
As we booted up i was amazed to find that the coverage was still full side to side , firm but very edgeable .

While you could see  ice in some huge spots under the Upper Mtn lift the groomers had done a great job of grinding up the death cookies on the open trails giving us some fun stuff to play in . The skiing was very fast and firm but enjoyable as hell and exceeded our expectations given all the recent crap Ma Nature threw our way . Sure the trail count was down about 20 % but hell its still good sliding _Primo no way but fun none the less.

We got in 22 runs on all 3 mtn sides and had a good time . I 'll be back a couple times next week then The RED group heads out for our 2nd of 3 monthly extended trips to Tremblant on the 15th- 17th.

Life is good and the inner demon has been quieted for awhile :>)

|

Re: The Red Group hit Titus Today 2/3/12

Sick Bird Rider
Nice. Must get back to to Titus. What has changed in 20 years, other than they added an extra mountain?
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report