The Ski Channel's THE STORY at Skidmore, Thurs 12/2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The Ski Channel's THE STORY at Skidmore, Thurs 12/2

Adk Jeff
I know I'm a little bit late in posting this, but some readers might be interested in this benefit tomorrow night:

"The Alpine Sport Shop, Saratoga Springs, is sponsoring The Ski Channel Tour Premiere, THE STORY, presented by the Skidmore Snow Sports Club on Thursday, December 2, Gannett Auditorium, Skidmore College, all proceeds going to the Double H Ranch Adaptive Conveyor Project (Adaptive Winter Sports Program). THE STORY features mountain sports’ biggest stars including the marquee athletes of alpine skiing, Bode Miller, Lindsey Vonn, and XGames phenom Bobby Brown. Showtime is 7:00pm and there will be door prizes and raffles. Newman’s Own Popcorn, Chips and Salsa and Lemonade will be available. The movie tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door; we expect a sell-out crowd so purchase your tickets soon at Alpine Sport Shop or call Linda at 518-696-5921, ext. 238.
Cost: $10 in Advance / $15 at the Door / $5 Skidmore Students"

I suspect most readers from the Saratoga / Glens Falls / Lake George region are already familiar with Double H's outstanding work supporting children dealing with life threatening illnesses and their families, but for more information you can visit Double H's website as well.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The Ski Channel's THE STORY at Skidmore, Thurs 12/2

tBatt
If I was back home, I'd almost guarantee to be there. My dad may be, he is working for Double H this year.
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
i work down at alpine and got a little sneek peek at the movie. it is VERY good. also lots of door prizes!!! ill be working at the shop till 8 but will swing by after.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
I had a chance to view The Story this weekend.  It was VERY good, my wife and I both liked it better than WME's Wintervention which we saw last month.  Besides great skiing and mountain scenery, the characters in the film are developed into full stories (hence the title).  The story in the final segment comes as a bit of a surprise, and if you don't shed a tear, there's something wrong.  See it.