The case against weather hype

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The case against weather hype

campgottagopee
I follow this guy flxweather.com for my area, I find him to be the most accurate and he is a no hype guy.

he reminds me of our very own Jason

good article he put up today

http://flxweather.com/2016/02/20/the-case-against-weather-hype/

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The case against weather hype

JasonWx
Great article!!!
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
Very edumacational!
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
This is why I like government-run weather pages, like NOAA or Environment Canada. Low hype, just the fact, occasionally fun language. here is the local "winter storm warning" for the upcoming weather event (sorry, dudes, we're getting snow):

Environment Canada wrote
A low pressure area emerging from Texas is expected to intensify into a major winter storm as it tracks northeast towards the Great Lakes on Wednesday. Latest indications suggest the moisture laden Texas low will track northeastward just south of Lakes Erie and Ontario Wednesday night and Thursday.

Snow, heavy at times, is expected to spread northward over eastern Ontario. Snowfall amounts in the 15 to 25 cm range are expected in areas near Georgian Bay, while eastern Ontario will see 5 to 10 cm of snow and ice pellets before the precipitation changes to freezing rain Wednesday evening.

Travelling conditions are expected to deteriorate quickly shortly after the snow arrives on Wednesday. Brisk east to northeast winds will also result in local blowing and drifting snow, contributing to hazardous travelling conditions. Freezing rain will create icy conditions in eastern Ontario.

Environment Canada is closely monitoring this situation, and this winter storm watch may eventually be upgraded to warnings as this event draws closer.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report