Titus NY – Dec 31, 2013 & into 2014 Celebration

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Titus NY – Dec 31, 2013 & into 2014 Celebration

MadPatSki
I just posted a TR for Titus that might have a few interest from a few of you. As posted on HR in the late days of 2013, Titus was going to celebrate the New Year by running the lifts until 1am.

There is more text and pics in this link.
Titus NY – December 31, 2013 & into 2014 – New Year Celebration/

Celebrating the New Year in New York!!!

Ti..s is the place!!!

Not TIMES Square at the centre of Manhattan, but TITUS Mountain on the Northern edge of the Adirondack mountains a few miles south of the Whippleville near Malone, New York.

In the last days of 2013 I received an email from Titus informing me of their plans. I thought it would so cool. I had skied a number of times on the first day on New Year, but never at the stroke of midnight.

It was something that I had looked for New Year 2000, but I didn’t find. Now we were going into 2014 and a family ski area few miles south of the border was going to make it happen. The month of January 2014 was also a personal skiing milestone for myself.

Continue reading here/

Happy New Year to all my friends on Harvey Road!!!
Ski Mad World
A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Titus NY – Dec 31, 2013 & into 2014 Celebration

Telemark Dave
Thanks for sharing Mad Pat...

And happy 100th month of skiing..

May you have many many more.

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Titus NY – Dec 31, 2013 & into 2014 Celebration

MadPatSki
Thanks Dave

I'm aiming for a few more milestones this season. Month 100 was probably the easiest.

The most important thing is to stay healthy, I've had a few rough years and I'm still not 100%, but skiing is helping me.

Have a great season.
Ski Mad World
A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography