Today's Paddle

164 messages Options
1 ... 3456789 ... 17
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Today's paddle

All this love for Nyack..I have worked there for the last 17yrs...
Great boating and now great mountain biking in Blauvelt..

http://www.palisadesmtb.org/
"Peace and Love"
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

In reply to this post by ml242
Ha ha. No but there's always hope for next time.  Can you imagine eating shellfish from there, even now? And I do paddle past a couple milk jug buoies once in a while, which I always assumed were crab pots.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

In reply to this post by JasonWx
Nyack is pretty cool, lots of stuff to do. Are you a climber Jason? What do you think of the cliffs up north of Nyack beach? I m not much of a climber but it always struck me as unfair that they're off limits.
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

Brownski wrote
Nyack is pretty cool, lots of stuff to do. Are you a climber Jason? What do you think of the cliffs up north of Nyack beach? I m not much of a climber but it always struck me as unfair that they're off limits.
I am a climber. I am very familiar with those cliffs.  There is fun short hike from 9w that goes to the top..Take the kids they will enjoy it.

As for climbing, besides being off limits, the rock is of poor quality. It basically crumbles under any stress..
"Peace and Love"
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by Brownski
I think I would naturally do that, sign or no.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
ml242 ml242
Reply |

Brownski Brownski
Reply |

So there's a good reason at least. I see the no-climbing signs and it makes me want to go get my gear. I guess I need to dial back the contrarianism some times.
Marcski Marcski
Reply |

JasonWx wrote
All this love for Nyack..I have worked there for the last 17yrs...
Great boating and now great mountain biking in Blauvelt..

http://www.palisadesmtb.org/
Where?  It seems from that site that they are trying to bring Mt biking into Blauvelt and some other area parks, but haven't as of yet?  Or am I reading this at the same time as I am trying to work and not getting the full picture?

JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

Marc,
Here's the scoop.15 yrs ago Blauvelt use to have a decent trail network, but it was neglected and some home owners bitched about the riders.. It seems like MTBing is now permitted and they built out the trails and did a lot of maintenance. I rode there last Saturday. I couldn't be happier, and it's only 15 mins or so from my house.

Now they are currently building a huge trail system in Sterling Forest. That should be ready to go in couple of months.

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/rockland/orangetown/2016/06/14/mountain-bike-blauvelt-park-trail/85660776/

If you want to ride Blauvelt shoot me a email..
"Peace and Love"
Telemark Dave Telemark Dave
Reply |

Holy hijack guys..  Howzabout you take this chitchat over to the bikethread... Who do you think you are....next thing you know some Canuckistanian will be posting gushy Lovey dovey reviews of Voile Charger BC's..
1 ... 3456789 ... 17