That's a great story!!!
"Peace and Love"
bumps bumps
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Today's Ride

In reply to this post by billyymc
billyymc wrote
The first one hit my rear wheel and it's leg went through my spokes. The second one simultaneously hit my buddy square in the body. All four of us went down, with the deer that was caught in my spokes crying out.
You gotta be shitting me.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
That's a great story!!!
... because it wasn't a tragedy.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

Harvey wrote
JasonWx wrote
That's a great story!!!
... because it wasn't a tragedy.
absolutely  !!

"Peace and Love"
billyymc billyymc
Reply |

In reply to this post by bumps
bumps wrote
billyymc wrote
The first one hit my rear wheel and it's leg went through my spokes. The second one simultaneously hit my buddy square in the body. All four of us went down, with the deer that was caught in my spokes crying out.
Haha...I know it sounds made up, but it's 100% true. When the deer came out of the weeds about all I had to do was think "oh shit."

We got lucky in the sense that it was on an uphill grade so we were going slow, and it was a dirt road that literally had the high center scraped the day before so we fell on softish ground.

I've come close to hitting deer on my bike on many occasions. It would be a shitty way to get really taken out - ripping down a descent at 45 mph and t-boning a deer.
bumps bumps
Reply |

billyymc wrote
It would be a shitty way to get really taken out - ripping down a descent at 45 mph and t-boning a deer.
20 years ago while mtb near Mount Tremblant, I came around a blind curve on a fast downhill and an adult moose was in the middle of the trail. Barely missed it and end-overed into the woods. Wasn't physically injured but almost had a heart attack when I saw the moose -- truly the last thing I was expecting.

Still, the deer's leg getting stuck in the spokes is something I've never heard before.
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

In reply to this post by billyymc
billyymc wrote
bumps wrote
billyymc wrote
Haha...I know it sounds made up, but it's 100% true. When the deer came out of the weeds about all I had to do was think "oh shit."

We got lucky in the sense that it was on an uphill grade so we were going slow, and it was a dirt road that literally had the high center scraped the day before so we fell on softish ground.

I've come close to hitting deer on my bike on many occasions. It would be a shitty way to get really taken out - ripping down a descent at 45 mph and t-boning a deer.
That's awesome Billy
Sick Bird Rider Sick Bird Rider
Reply |

Great story and I'm glad no people and deer were hurt, as far as we know. I almost t-boned a moose once in a similar situation, thank Ullr for brakes.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Johnnyonthespot Johnnyonthespot
Reply |

Meanwhile I'm just over here like:
raisingarizona raisingarizona
Reply |

My reactions to those sorts of things have been getting worse over the years. This is one minute after getting stung by a yellow jacket last summer. I carry an epi pen now.

1 ... 107108109110111112113114