Re: Travelin for work.

campgottagopee
Nice view on my way into work this morning

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

tjf1967
Dude I've been hanging out in Tully a lot. Riding Highlands. Nice country in that neck of the woods.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
You gotta holler at me when your there next. Couple of good joints there we can grab a beer.
If you wanna play golf go to Vesper Hills. Pro's son is the pro there.....the restaurant there is bangin as well.
You there for work?
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Pleasure.  Next time I am headed that way I will hit you up.  Going to the fair the weekend.   Jackyl is Sunday at 2.  HA I have to catch them.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
There's nothing worse than traveling by car through Washington DC.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Harvey wrote
What about traveling by foot through DC?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
True.  Shooting your foot with a nail gun sucks too.

I guess I was being dramatic.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by Harvey
not being dramatic at all
Traffic sucks!!!
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

trackbiker
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
If you're not going into DC itself there are a lot of alternatives to go around DC. Most people north of Baltimore just keep following I95 all the way to Florida. North of Baltimore take I895 to the Baltimore Washington Parkway (295) to I495 around DC. There's still a lot of traffic depending on the time of day but less than if you try to go through Baltimore or Washington.
Another alternative is DE Rt.1 to 301 to 50. And there are others depending on where you are going south.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
We were headed to Williamsburg VA.  We usually let google maps tells us where to go.

It gave us several options during the day. At times we were stuck in bumper to bumper and google was telling us we were on the best route.
Reply | Threaded
|

trackbiker
Harvey wrote
We were headed to Williamsburg VA.  We usually let google maps tells us where to go.

It gave us several options during the day. At times we were stuck in bumper to bumper and google was telling us we were on the best route.
Ah, that was your problem. Even without traffic google maps doesn't always give you best or fastest route.
Waze is a better app for avoiding traffic and finding the quickest way. It isn't always the best either but I find it better than google for directions and routings.
Reply | Threaded
|

green light
Normally I find passing through DC at 2am on 95 to be a breeze!
Never heard of Waze until Monday when my son in law used it while we were in Florida. Big accident on I-275, it saved our asses from missing a flight out of Tampa Int. It will be on my phone soon.

its a beautiful thing
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
green light wrote
Normally I find passing through DC at 2am on 95 to be a breeze!
Never heard of Waze until Monday when my son in law used it while we were in Florida. Big accident on I-275, it saved our asses from missing a flight out of Tampa Int. It will be on my phone soon.
That's about the only time there isn't slow traffic on the DC bedtime. :-)

Waze is great in general.  But there are times when it can go overboard trying to save 2 minutes for a short trip in a city.  Still, it does much better than my Garmin.  But I like the display on the Garmin as an interactive map better so end up using both when in my own car.  When I travel and rent a car, I use Waze.
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
In reply to this post by trackbiker
trackbiker wrote
Harvey wrote
If you're not going into DC itself there are a lot of alternatives to go around DC. Most people north of Baltimore just keep following I95 all the way to Florida. North of Baltimore take I895 to the Baltimore Washington Parkway (295) to I495 around DC. There's still a lot of traffic depending on the time of day but less than if you try to go through Baltimore or Washington.
Another alternative is DE Rt.1 to 301 to 50. And there are others depending on where you are going south.
Going south, I get off onto the SR just after the DE Travel Center to get to US301.  Also happens to be just before a toll.  I don't take US50 all the way to the beltline.  Instead I keep going on US301 to Fort Hill.  There are lights for a while, but never takes longer than I-495 to I-95.  Eventually get to I-95 well south of Fredericksburg.

From CT to Raleigh, going into PA via I-84 to I-81 and then down US29 is slightly longer in miles but takes the same amount of time as driving thru NJ, DE, and MD.  But I'll be glad when I don't need to drive to Boston on a regular basis.
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
In reply to this post by marznc
marznc wrote
Waze is great in general.  But there are times when it can go overboard trying to save 2 minutes for a short trip in a city.  Still, it does much better than my Garmin.  
+1
Waze is better if you have some local knowledge. It seems like it sometimes creates its own traffic jams by putting everyone on the same work around. YOu can avoid that if you know the neighborhood. I also find that it often can't find a long route, like from Albany to LI.  I think the servers get over loaded. But it's still the best GPS app.

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Google owns Waze in case you didn’t know. The use the same map source and data base although Waze integrated crowd sourcing where google maps does not and Waze is more aggressive about rerouting and putting you on back roads. Google maps is integrating the good Waze features as time progresses.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .

Back at Kiawah
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
New client at an important account puts it in review a month ago. (Actually all three of our biggest accounts are in review so the pressure is really on.)

We assumed that we had no chance, but no choice but to pitch.  Usually new director on the  client side is not good for the incumbent.

We fucking nailed it.  The big boss who's 70 who doesnt really understand digital at all. He latched on to a tag line that i pulled out of my ass last night around midnite.

What a huge relief.

There may actually be Christmas (skiing!) this year.

Off to the airport.