Johnnyonthespot
That's what's up.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 'True American spirit'

campgottagopee
I agree, we are a good people. It's unfortunate that a few bad apples such as the protesters at Berkely ruin it and take over the news.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Call me old fashioned, but I don't think State Universities should be the venue for speech that directly contradicts the generosity and kindness expressed by the OP in this thread.

Hatespeech is just as protected as every other type of speech. But do it on a street corner or in a bar or rent a private venue. Don't go to State Universities with a deliberate intent to tell people that they're not worthy humans because they are different than you and try to act like you're some kind of "provocateur" by just being an asshole. I don't even know why people keep paying this asshole for speeches. I can be an asshole, too. How do I get paid to call people names?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Seems as though you contradict yourself

You cry freedom of speech but only in places you approve of. That seems odd to me.

My point in this thread is I'd rather read/hear good stories on the news rather than the bad. The news has been full of hate, the story in this thread reminds me of the good.

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
You can say whatever you want wherever you want. But you have to be prepared to accept that if you go into a concentrated group of people (especially people that you're insulting), those people might find your speech objectionable and use their own free speech rights to talk back at you. You can't walk through Yonkers shouting the N-word and expect to be treated nicely.

As for this thread, it was a positive and uplifting until you blasted people for protesting. You could have just ended your thoughts after your first sentence. If you want to promote positive stories and positive vibes, maybe try to downplay the bad stories (people protesting an asshole) and uplift the good stories, like Snowballs did in starting this thread. If you want to perpetuate the bad stories and keep them "in the news", then keep bringing them up and we'll get in pointless fights about bullshit.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Before I blasted people??? Yikes, you have an interesting way of looking at things. Saying a "few bad apples" is blasting?? Whew, delicate flower panties on today, eh?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Some people protesting In California offended you so much that you had to come to this nice thread and complain about them? And I'm the delicate flower? Okay, bud.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
mattchuck2 wrote
  And I'm the delicate flower?  
You said it, not me
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I admire this guy; don't think I could pull it off

"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Brownski wrote
I admire this guy; don't think I could pull it off

I sure wouldn't want a round house kick to my face from that guy while he is wearing those.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
If he did jumping jacks, I'd get nauseous.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.