classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tupper Lake: Walk in the Treetops

Harvey
Administrator
Next summer visitors to the Natural History Museum of the Adirondacks in Tupper Lake, N.Y., will able to view the surrounding landscape at treetop level. Construction on the "Wild Walk," an elevated walkway at the center, is scheduled to be completed in time for a grand opening on July 4th, 2015.

More than 850 feet in length, the newest attraction will include a two-story tree house, swaying bridges, and a raised platform more than four stories above the ground.

http://www.northcountrypublicradio.org/news/story/25907/20140902/a-walk-among-the-treetops-takes-shape-in-tupper-lake
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Tupper Lake: Walk in the Treetops

MC2 5678F589
Seems like fun. Those "ropes course" things are incredibly boring at this point (and a huge pain in the ass with harnesses, helmets, safety talks, etc.), but I like the idea of just having a hiking path up in the treetops with a bunch of cool stuff to see along the way. I hope it does well.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
I really like the wild center but that alone is not enough to go to tupper, I few more things like this will make people want to go for the day.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Some of the TL locals tell me the museum is a ghost town. If true, that's a shame. It's supposed to be very nice.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Snowballs wrote
Some of the TL locals tell me the museum is a ghost town. If true, that's a shame. It's supposed to be very nice.
The wild center was very well done but is small and expensive for what is there. The aquariums with trout and otters is fascinating. The setting is also very pretty.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
We've been to the Wild Center 2 or 3 times.  Each time, it looked pretty well packed.