Upper East Side

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
24 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Upper East Side

warp daddy
Marathon is an awesome event like the superbowl of distance running .

" John  boy " ran it several times , we have been there for them , its trippy !    His BIL owns a limo service so we piled into the stretch and saw him running in  all FIVE boroughs and then watched it on the boob tube in the limo  as we moved from site to site .

The crowd is like one freaking huge block party with bands and costumes and yeah  the 59 th st bridge turn to First  ave is like party central .Runners all say its hard to stay within yourself when you hit that spot because it is such a rush and the pschological lift is amazing .

Glad you got to experience it Camper !!  The city is a great experience for us woodchucks . We always train in from Utica leaving our car at my BIL's . I am a chicken to drive in and frankly we both really dig the train and the scenery along the Hudson.
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Face4Me
Face4Me wrote

The NYC Marathon is definitely one of the greatest experiences around ... I've run it a few times, and you just can't beat the experience ... The crowds make every runner feel like an Olympian!!! There's nothing like the roar of the crowd as you come off the 59th Street Bridge onto 1st Avenue ... It's absolutely deafening.

Even over the band right across the street from us we could hear that roar several blocks away.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by warp daddy
warp daddy wrote
Marathon is an awesome event like the superbowl of distance running .

" John  boy " ran it several times , we have been there for them , its trippy !    His BIL owns a limo service so we piled into the stretch and saw him running in  all FIVE boroughs and then watched it on the boob tube in the limo  as we moved from site to site .

Damn, Warp --- you really know how to party
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Well its family so its pretty cool , weused it 😊to go see the Blue Man group .  twas cool when  Caesar says to John boy " hey man GET your parents a drink , so it was trippy as a woodchuck  to be tippin a few at the LIMO BAR. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† on the way to theatre and. Then a post show dinner .
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.