54 messages Options
1 ... 3456
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Utah Ski Trip Question

onscott wrote
Are you flying into/out of SLC or JH?

In any event just rent a 4wd - you can get them cheaply outside of the airport.
I have been to Deer Valley before. It's fine, but I'm staying out of Park City this trip.

Flying into & out of SLC.

My problem with renting a car from an off airport place is that my flight leaves at 6:40 a.m. and I'm not sure I want to be dealing with logistics of getting to the airport from some off-site location at 5:30 a.m.
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

MC2 5678F589 wrote
onscott wrote
Are you flying into/out of SLC or JH?

In any event just rent a 4wd - you can get them cheaply outside of the airport.
I have been to Deer Valley before. It's fine, but I'm staying out of Park City this trip.

Flying into & out of SLC.

My problem with renting a car from an off airport place is that my flight leaves at 6:40 a.m. and I'm not sure I want to be dealing with logistics of getting to the airport from some off-site location at 5:30 a.m.
What I do in that case (and it is most of the time) is to return the car the night before and stay in a hotel by the airport and then take the hotel shuttle to the airport in the AM. The airport hotels are cheap and nice and there are a lot to choose from.

The way this works is I drive to the hotel, check in and drop my stuff, return the car and at that point I get the hotel shuttle to pick me up at the rental place and take me back to the hotel.

No fuss - no muss.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

Yeah, I was definitely thinking of doing that. If I'm paying $40 a day for an SUV, I might as well save 1 rental day and stay at a hotel by the airport to make things easier.
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

MC2 5678F589 wrote
Yeah, I was definitely thinking of doing that. If I'm paying $40 a day for an SUV, I might as well save 1 rental day and stay at a hotel by the airport to make things easier.
As well as one night in what is usually a more expensive room.
When I stay at GMD I  usually arrive after dinner so I get them to let me use that dinner on my last day to ski. I will check out that morning, ski all day, have dinner there and then take the shuttle to an airport hotel and fly out the next AM.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
1 ... 3456