And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WF Snow Forcast

tjf1967
Lets keep our fingers crossed.  The models are all over the place.  The euros called for snow then the american jumped on now the euros are calling for it to go East.  That cold weather coming in going to be a big front to get through.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
 WF guys please do what you can to keep the snow coming thru the end of Feb into the first weekend in March---thank you
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Yo is banker still heading this way this weekend?  Tell him to email or call guest services to sign up for first tracks.  Its going to be a crazy day on the hill...if that snow comes in.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
LOL, was just going to post up for you to keep an eye out for him----he just got an email confirming he's signed up for saturday-----he'll be there (hungover of course)
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
If WF does actually get snow Thursday pm into friday and you want to ski in any of it you better have AT gear and plan on skinning up. If past performance is any indicator there won't be many lifts spinning. Just ask AS if you think I,m exagerating.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
endoftheline wrote
If WF does actually get snow Thursday pm into friday and you want to ski in any of it you better have AT gear and plan on skinning up. If past performance is any indicator there won't be many lifts spinning. Just ask AS if you think I,m exagerating.

I think you're exaggerating.  And I don't need to ask AS about it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
Noah John wrote
endoftheline wrote

I think you're exaggerating.  And I don't need to ask AS about it.
+100...Ya gotta wonder what is with some of these guys. Fri - Sun should be great...can't freakin wait.

Thursday Night Snow likely, mainly after 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -4. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Friday Snow. High near 21. Wind chill values as low as -4. East wind 6 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible. Friday Night Snow, mainly before 4am. Low around 9. Northeast wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Saturday A 30 percent chance of snow showers before 1pm. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 17. North wind 7 to 9 mph. Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -8. Calm wind.

Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. Calm wind.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
I too have seen the weather forecasts but you do realize we are talking about WF? It's never windy there especially during a storm and the weather guys always get it right. I'm just basing my forecast of the conditions upon years of experience at WF. Not complaining just being realistic. I'm always there early on a storm day and I always come prepared, a little exertion pays off big.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
It is truely a rare storm at Whiteface that does not have lots of wind but according to the below it will not be that windy.  Unfortunately the local snow totals are trending down now to 4-8".  I spent the last 2 days at Jay and have over 100 emails to respond to so I won't be able to make it there but enjoy it will be good.

THE HIGHER SUMMITS FORECAST FOR THE NORTHERN ADIRONDACKS OF NEW YORK...

.REST OF TONIGHT...SUMMITS BECOMING IN AND OUT OF CLOUDS WITH LIGHT
SNOW LIKELY BY MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE SINGLE DIGITS ABOVE ZERO. SOUTH
WINDS 5 TO 20 MPH.
.FRIDAY...SUMMITS OBSCURED IN CLOUDS. SNOW. HIGHS IN THE MID TEENS.
SOUTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH.
.FRIDAY NIGHT...SUMMITS OBSCURED IN CLOUDS. SNOW. LOWS IN THE SINGLE
DIGITS ABOVE ZERO. NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 30 MPH. WIND CHILL VALUES
IN THE SINGLE DIGITS BELOW ZERO.
.SATURDAY...CLOUDY. SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY IN THE MORNING...THEN A
CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS AROUND 10 ABOVE.
NORTH WINDS 15 TO 30 MPH. WIND CHILL VALUES IN THE MID TEENS BELOW
ZERO.

if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time