Wanted to complain but...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Wanted to complain but...

Snowhunter
I really can't.  With our lack of snow and now the end of snow making and Gore shutting down half the mountain on weekdays and all the vacationers beating up the mountains last week I expected the skiing to stink the last few days but I was very wrong!

I've been very fortunate to have skied Whiteface last Friday, Gore Sunday, Monday & Today and West on Tuesday and I must say that conditions have been very good!  Whiteface skied very good Friday morning but was showing a decent amount of ice after lunch even with it snowing.  I feel as though Gore has gotten better each of the last 3 days I skied it and they even opened the Darkside today.  And West yesterday was in pretty good shape although it got boring pretty quick with the lack of terrain.

It's been a tough year but it has slowly gotten better.  The mountains have done a great job with what they've had to work with and I've managed to get some good days of skiing in.  Let's hope this storm is a good one and that we get a few more weeks of skiing in!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Wanted to complain but...

gebbyfish
Hear, hear!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Wanted to complain but...

Snowhunter
That's probably been my most positive post all season as I'll admit to having been very negative this year.  I still feel good about things right now but after posting this I just read through all the long term weather reports and I'm getting bummed again.

I was debating tomorrow, plan on getting out on Friday and I will definitely be at Gore Sunday.  Based on what I just read I'm going to make sure to get out both tomorrow and Friday and hope that this isn't it for the season.

Think positive.  Think positive.  Think positive.........  I'm trying!