Warning: Nordic Nerd Pro-Tip

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Warning: Nordic Nerd Pro-Tip

Telemark Dave
What's old is new and what's new is old. Day 2 of early season track set skiing brought yet more fresh snow and 0c temps.. Normally the time to skate ski as grip waxing is so problematic in these conditions.. But not today. I trimmed a couple pieces of left over skins to fit the wax pocket of an old pair of classic skis, at one time they were dedicated klister skis, soft tip and tail and super stiff secondary camber.. Perfect for my experiment. Guess what? Skin to win! Although I could eek some more glide by shortening the nano-skins length, I was diagonal striding up everything. FKNA. Homemade zero degree skis with uumph. Best of all, cost = $0.

Another good day of snow and the backbush will beckon.. But until then, it's all skiing, and it's all good!

"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.