Waxing your own skis

17 messages Options
gorgonzola gorgonzola
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Waxing your own skis

racewax is good people, don't hestitate to reach out to him of you have any questions
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

In reply to this post by wonderpony
wonderpony wrote
I already have, Camp.  Eric was super helpful.  I think that he spent half an hour with me yesterday and another ten minutes today.  My/our goal is to keep my bases from drying out.  After 8 lovely runs today, I need to wax again.
If you play golf he'd be a good one to get lessons from.
wonderpony wonderpony
Reply |

Sorry.  As a horse person, a golf course just looks like a waste of good galloping space.  Elm Tree, between Cortland and Dryden also has a nice bank up/bank down by route 13.  But, it is wasted as golf.  :p

Meanwhile, Eric was super nice and very enthusiastic and informative.  (And, he didn't try to sell me anything.) The world needs more people like him.  :)

WP
wonderpony wonderpony
Reply |

In reply to this post by gorgonzola
Will do, Gorgonzola!  Thanks!
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by wonderpony
wonderpony wrote
As a horse person, a golf course just looks like a waste of good galloping space.

Sigworthy!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Z Z
Reply |

If your base gets grey and looks velvety the snow has burned the base.  It tends to happen more out in the section close to the edge where the bevel is put in
It happens when we have very cold abrasive snow and you had no wax or a soft warm temp wax on the skis.  Colder temp waxes are much harder which protects the base.  
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
wonderpony wonderpony
Reply |

It's here!  It's here!  I am so excited!  I had a flashback to 30 years ago when I used to do this.  The edger looks pretty much the same.  I remember doing ptex.  I remember enjoying tuning my skis.  :)

WP