West Mtn, NY April 6, 2014

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

West Mtn, NY April 6, 2014

nelsap
Scored a $15 Liftopia ticket for West Mountain yesterday, and had time for a few hours of skiing in the morning. I was the first skier there for the 830AM opening. 10 open trails, about half partially groomed. Temps started in low 30's and rose to upper 40's near 11 when I had to leave. No more than 20-25 skiers by the time I left, though more started showing up. No liftlines at all.

Good coverage for April 6 - no major bare spots on open trails. Ungroomed trails were frozen corn but softened by 1030AM. With no wind and bluebird skies, it was a great morning to ski! 15 runs, 10900' of vertical.

For those of you who haven't skied at West, the vertical is 1000', there are 3 chairlifts - a short Hall Double, a 1000' vertical Riblet double, and a 900' vertical Thiokol triple. Trails are mostly wide cruiser types but there are some nice narrower runs including Coy Dog and Alley.

West is on its way to a better future - from new bathrooms to seat cushions, friendly staff, and good deals. They are now out of bankruptcy and I would expect steady improvements.

Jeremy

Looking up The Face

Down the Face

Coy Dog

Down The Alley

Up the Alley

Summit Area

Mach

Jeremy Davis Founder, New England / NorthEast Lost Ski Areas Project www.nelsap.org