What Pass are you Buying '19-'20 Season?

101 messages Options
12345 ... 11
Hoser Hoser
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: What Pass are you Buying '19-'20 Season?

Prob 2.5 hours to Belle/Platty and over 3 to Magic.  
Kleetus Kleetus
Reply |

After having an ORDA pass the last 3 years. Think I am going to do the IKON base, and then just use the Empire card for remaining days at Gore and WF and/or chase deals at other areas. In the past I have done ORDA and pieced together vouchers/Ski VT/Champlain Valley Cards for skiing at non-ORDA mountains.

While that works for skiing the East, it does not out west, and I already had 3 days in Colorado, 2 at IKON mountains, and am about to do 5 more in Aspen next week. Could have saved a bundle with IKON. Also doing 2 or 3 at Squaw this April, but will buy the IKON now, which allows for unlimited spring skiing there this season starting early April. So I will get a few days on next years pass to get a head start.

Although I average 16-20 days on my ORDA pass a season, with SB, K, and Stratton (although I hate it) on the pass, there are good early/late/mid season VT options that I could see using in place of Gore. This season was also the last year I could take advantage of the under 30 pass, and with the price increase to ski holiday periods at Gore for a full pass, makes more sense for me to do the Empire Card and then couple it with IKON base to string together a few west trips and more VT trips.

Now if ORDA was to get on Mountain Collective or IKON that would completely change my mind. If only.
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

I'll be buying an Old Forge Pass and gas
Kleetus Kleetus
Reply |

campgottagopee wrote
Haha that too for me as well!
TheGreatAbyss TheGreatAbyss
Reply |

Looks like Ikon pass is now only 5 days at Stratton for the upcoming season.  Might thin out the crowds a little, but still probably a shitshow on big weekends.

I'll most likely do Ikon + Orda again.  

Kleetus - Have you done the math of how many days you need to ski on an Orda Season Pass to == Buying an Empire Card?  Curious for my wife.  That being said there is value in not having to deal with the lift ticket window.
Kleetus Kleetus
Reply |

TheGreatAbyss wrote
Looks like Ikon pass is now only 5 days at Stratton for the upcoming season.  Might thin out the crowds a little, but still probably a shitshow on big weekends.

I'll most likely do Ikon + Orda again.  

Kleetus - Have you done the math of how many days you need to ski on an Orda Season Pass to == Buying an Empire Card?  Curious for my wife.  That being said there is value in not having to deal with the lift ticket window.
I did, comes out to break even at 13-14 days if buying the full adult ORDA pass to equal Empire Card assuming you are paying the full holiday weekend rate for each day. If the rate is less than the full holiday, such as early or late season or you ski mid-week, the number of days to break even would increase on ORDA vs Empire as the tickets are cheaper as are the discounts on the Empire Card.  

I agree there is value for not having to deal with the ticket window, but I have never really waited all that long at Gore or WF to get a ticket when I did Empire in the past.
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

In reply to this post by Kleetus
Kleetus wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Haha that too for me as well!
All the cool guys buy one
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by TheGreatAbyss
TheGreatAbyss wrote
That being said there is value in not having to deal with the lift ticket window.
+1000
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
TheGreatAbyss TheGreatAbyss
Reply |

I wish all these non Vail / Ikon East Coast mountains would join forces to create a third option.  If you combined Orda, the Peak Pass, and the Freedom pass into one super pass I think you'd have a real contender.  I've never been to Platty, but if you put it as an add on to Gore, it would be a no brainer to have that and Magic.  I'd maybe even be willing to go back to Hunter for the first time in 10 years - Midweek of course
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

TheGreatAbyss wrote
I've never been to Platty
(Roughly) where do you live?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
12345 ... 11