What To Do Now?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
44 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What To Do Now?

Ethan Snow
Actually not saying that lift ticket prices will be or should be any lower. I think they are fine given the number of skier visits/ skier density. I'm just saying that places like Wyndham are not at any financial risks, so they could theoretically lower their prices and be just fine. They don't because they don't want the wrong people coming to the mountain.
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by Ethan Snow
Ethan Snow wrote
TRUMP!!!! Yea, we really gotta build that wall. And the new snowmaking system!
But could we lower the costs of lift tickets if we get illegal Mexicans to work at ski areas?
Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
In reply to this post by billyymc
billyymc wrote
Ethan Snow wrote
ticket prices can actually come down,
That will never ever happen.
This has certainly been true for daily tickets, but at a few places season passes have come down. Some hills have a 20s pass significantly cheaper than an adult pass. So for those 20-30, skiing may be cheaper now. A few years back stratton lowered their non holiday pass to $400. This may not be the norm, but lower prices do happen.

Tom
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
The possibility exists, but AFAIK Mexicans and so instead don't get along very well. We had a few at plattekill once upon a time, and they didn't last long.

Not to mention its illegal.

Haha, now that you mention it, that reminds me of my summer job up in Cooperstown. I worked at this resort near the Dreams Park that was owned by four guys- Sal, Richie, Angelo, and James. Every year before baseball season started, Sal went down to, chinatown, and hollard "roofing" and they all come running. He put them up in a place just south of Cooperstown, and it was my job to pick them up and bring to work on my way in from Oneonta in the morning. At the time I was driving a rusty 1997 GMC standard cab pickup truck. There were five of them, and There was only room for two Mexicans up front so the other three had to go in the back. It was only a few miles, but being seen by a cop was the last thing I needed.

So yeah, I was pretty much working for the Mafia, and driving Mexicans around in a rusty pickup truck. I'm not working for them this summer.
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day