What is that "lift" at Gore?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What is that "lift" at Gore?

snoloco
Across the entrance to the parking lot there are two towers with cable strung on them and 4 chairs hanging from it, but nothing moves.  It's been there ever since the first time I skied at Gore, I believe in 05-06.  Obviously it's a decoration, but where did it come from?  

My guess is that when they took down the Straightbrook Double which was built by the same manufacturer as the towers and chairs on the "lift" are from, they decided to make a sculpture/decoration out of them instead of sending them to scrap.  The weird thing is that the chairs are from the same vintage as the Sunway Chair while the ones on the Straightbrook Double were of the older type used on the High Peaks Chair.  Maybe they just had a few messed up chairs from Sunway and just threw them on decoration lift.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: What is that "lift" at Gore?

Chris
I've seen them run that lift twice in the past on busy holiday weekends, I was told it was operated from that small house on the right when your coming into the main lots.  It was transporting folks from one side of the road to the other
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
From memory not facts,  I recall this being installed just after the Darkside Chair was reduced to current length.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
^^Makes sense.

Funny I barely even notice that thing, and it is right there in front of me.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp