When does your family lose interest?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: When does your family lose interest?

gorgonzola
MrsSnowBunski and Jr asked where we are skiing this weekend, told 'em sorry I'm done - mtb trails are in better shape than the ski trails. There is a big group headed up for the killy bump though.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
Over time, skiing has evolved from our sport to my sport, and I'm sad about that.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Danzilla
Danzilla wrote
This is the double edged sword of the season long program. It forces you to go ski every weekend. This is a good thing IMO because especially this year there are lots of days we probably wouldn't have gotten up and out the door if we didn't "have" to. I am kind of like Suds in that I can honestly say I didn't have a "bad" day this year. I also know that my wife doesn't have quite the same passion as me and we would probably ski half as many days if we didn't "have" to go.

This is one of the reasons I like instructing. It forces me to go to the mountain on days that I might otherwise not go, and I always have a good time when I'm at the mountain (even though I skied a lot of truly awful conditions this year).

For us anyway, the social aspect of skiing is a big part of it.

This is big for us, too. And the longer you extend the season, the more familiar the faces are towards the end. I'm sure I'll see some at Whiteface this weekend.

If it was just me, I'd be tempted to have a MadPat-like streak going where I skied every month. Even as it is now, I ski as much as I can from October (5 out of last 6 years) through May (4 out of last 5 years), which is pretty good for not traveling in the summers to ski (recently - I've skied Hood, Whistler, and New Zealand in past summers).

My wife doesn't want to "push the seasons", which means that she doesn't like to mountain bike when we're still skiing or ski when we're still mountain biking (so she doesn't love October skiing or March mountain biking). I generally will do any sport at any time, as long as conditions are good for it.

So, I guess the answer to your question is this: