Where were you at Gore when they called the Hold?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
27 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where were you at Gore when they called the Hold?

Peter Minde
Slushfest, but at 7.8 km not long enough to be a true sufferfest.  Intermittent rain for the men, continuous, heavy rain  for women's race.  Course in good shape but for a massive puddle at the base of the big climb away from / descent back to the ski jump outrun.  ORDA employees shoveled continuously to maintain one skinny lane in each direction.  Awesome job by them.  Later heard that someone tried to make a move THRU the puddle on another skier and face planted.

We won't say anything about the ice jam and flooding on the Ausable on Saturday nite.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
We were there and got 2 runs in before they shut down. A few in our group got stranded with telerider and got a sled tow ride. Milled around for a bit then hit the bar.

This morning was firm and fast up top with some softening on the lower mountain as the morning went on. Skiers left on hawkeye was a hoot as was cranking some big gs turn in the hero snow on the lower third of showcase.
Reply | Threaded
|

evergreen
The big benefit to skiing in the Northeast is being in the Northeast.  Great other thing to do on weekends like this.  Toured Mark Twain/Samuel Clement's house in Hartford today, then wandered around Norhthamtpon, MA, dinner in Williamstown, not a bad way to spend the day.   Definitely can't do that out West, I guess…..so making a silk purse out of a sows ear of a weekend. If you get a chance go check out the Mark Twain house, an excellent tour, greatest American author, and under 2 hours East of Albany.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
evergreen wrote
   Definitely can't do that out West, I guess…..so making a silk purse out of a sows ear of a weekend.

Yeah, but, if you were out west, you would have been skiing. And, in a lot of places out west, it would have been powder skiing.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

telerider
Top ridge snow cat tow rope evac

Well here's proof of Gore's version of the Go Go's MTV video when they were all water skiing (can't believe I just dated myself that bad, I'm getting old!)
Reply | Threaded
|

Footer
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
evergreen wrote
   Definitely can't do that out West, I guess…..so making a silk purse out of a sows ear of a weekend.

Yeah, but, if you were out west, you would have been skiing. And, in a lot of places out west, it would have been powder skiing.
Unless your at Lake Tahoe... who has gotten less natural snow then we have.  They are about 160" behind their usual snow pack.  
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
I dunno how Matt was doing at JHMR, but it was pretty fkn windy here. Lots of really dense wind slab, not so much blower. Looks like Montana was in the same boat.