Whistler Mnt Safety Illegally Detain Snowboard???

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Whistler Mnt Safety Illegally Detain Snowboard???

campgottagopee
http://unofficialnetworks.com/watch-whistler-mountain-safety-illegally-detain-snowboard-130654/

No clue what the situation was as they don't tell us. The question is are the Mountain Saftey peeps within their rights to detain this guys board......I have no clue. I can tell you this, I was pissed just watching the vid. If someone tried taking my skis I can tell you that person better have a helmet on!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Whistler Mnt Safety Illegally Detain Snowboard???

dmc_hunter
wow....  crazy...
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Just a guess but I bet the offense was big either hitting someone and not stopping or possibly riding on someone else's pass.  Making them walk down is not a bad punishment.  My guess is they told him that to get the board back he has to show up in a managers offense for a chat.  I don't think they could just keep it.  I recall something along this line happened at Whiteface during Bruce's time as GM and that is how I heard it played out.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I'm sure it was something along those lines, Coach. That vid, for whatever reason, rubbed me the wrong way. Didn't like the amount of "force" they were using to get the kids board away from him.