Re: Whiteface Conditions

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Z Z
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

it is nuking snow at my house
I have a big lab and he was having to bound thru the snow this morning

Going to be a good start to the season.  its been really cold so they should be able to make a ton of snow compared to the marginal temps they make in early season normally.  I have no idea about this indecision thing where they didn't think they were going to open though. AK is normally aggressive than Bruce or Jay were so I don't know what the heck that was about.

Could be best early season since 2007-08 season when Empire was open in mid December
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

A soild 8” in town.  Must be close to two feet up high!!

wF asking that people not skin through the weekend.   Look for new uphill policy on the WF ski patrol fb page and the Whiteface Uphill fb page next week.  

Need to give them mtn op crews time and space
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

How was it!?!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Z Z
Reply |

Yesterday was pretty crowded in the morning and there were a lot of frozen golf balls

After being groomed again it was much better today.  Guns are going full blast today on Essex, Lower NW, Broadway.  Those should be good to go for Friday.  I think they could add Victoria as well then start on Boreen.  Just speculation on my part but seems possible.  There were a lot of tracks on Vicky.

Much less crowded today.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

Excellent coverage on excelsior - summit express - valley to base.  Snow tribe laid a lot down in a short time.

Some closed trails from saturday opened on sunday on 100% natural snow.  Drapper’s Drop was excellent on the natural.  

Snow making was going again on Sunday with an expansion to Essex, lower northway and brookside.  

Outstanding snowmaking weather this week.  I expect all the above plus victoria open by this friday.

Great effort to get the bonus weekend in.  Huge thx to ORDA staff

Hearing rumors about a policy change to the uphill program.  Uphill allowed from 6am - 10am.  But only allowed to ski down the designated uphill route until patrol clears trails.  

If this happens there will be daily confrontations.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
ADmiKe ADmiKe
Reply |

ScottyJack wrote
Hearing rumors about a policy change to the uphill program.  Uphill allowed from 6am - 10am.  But only allowed to ski down the designated uphill route until patrol clears trails.  

If this happens there will be daily confrontations.
Should be interesting to see what that's all about...so I'm thinking what happens from like 8-10am...uphill route on a open trail?
Hoser Hoser
Reply |

So how was this weekend?
1234 ... 16