Whiteface Trail Rollout

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Whiteface Trail Rollout

WNY-ADK Skier
Hey all...as I mentioned in another thread, I'm spending a month in Lake Placid from mid December thru mid January. I was wondering if the Whiteface locals could give me a sense of what the trail rollout will be during this time period assuming average cold and snow. Where will the first expand? How much terrain will I see open for the Christmas holiday? Other questions:

(1) Will most trails from the summit likely be open?
(2) Will Lookout mountain likely open?

Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Whiteface Trail Rollout

tjf1967
They have to cover Moutain Run side of Little Whiteface.   Then they will move on to summit covering parons and sky. From there they will move over to Willmington/lookout and hoyts.   It we have cold weather they can get it done in three weeks give or take.

We dont need snow we need cold weather. Snow is just an added bonus.

By mid January they will have all three mountain open.  
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
TJF has it right except he forgot that the Bear and Kids Kampus sections need to be covered before Christmas to handle all the lessons.  Then Drapers needs to get open to handle the racers needs.

The forecast makes it look doable and snow tribe is well ahead of schedule this year.  They hammered the brookside terrian park with the biggest whales I've ever seen.  My guess is by MLK Whiteface will be a 100% open on snowmaking trails for sure with LOB always coming last.

Now that they need to blow less for the WC Bump course with the earth moving project it takes a lot of pressure off and allow for more snow to blown say on Hoyts.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

WNY-ADK Skier
Thanks. This is very helpful!