Who has been near Mt. St. Anne for XC skiing?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Who has been near Mt. St. Anne for XC skiing?

greif
Thinking of going with a group this February. Anyone been up there recently? Do they still do a great job grooming the XC trails?
What other XC places are in the area (a week going to the same place might be a bit boring!)?
GR
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Who has been near Mt. St. Anne for XC skiing?

Peter Minde
I drove right by Mont-Ste-Anne a few years ago on my way to the Boreal Loppet.  As I haven't been there, I can't comment on the grooming.  But they had a world cup xc ski race there last year, so it can't be too shabby. 212 km of trails.

As for alternatives, check out the Centre Plein Aire Castor -

http://www.centrecastor.com/en/centre-plein-air-castor-cross-country-ski and Foret Montmorency at Laval University.  http://www.foretmontmorency.ca/en/activities/winter-activities/cross-country-skiing/

I'm not sure how far these places are from Quebec City.  Hope you'll share a trip report and photos when you get back!
Reply | Threaded
|

greif
Excellent! We may get to try them out in addition to Mt-St.Anne.
I was at Mt St Anne several years ago, during a very low snow year, and they did a phenominal job in grooming the snow even though there was not much to groom.

At the time we also went to Camp something which was about an hour away- which was more snowmobile groomed I think.

Any other places I need to look into within an hours drive of Mt St Anne?
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
You may be referring to Camp Mercier.  All I know about it, the Mont-Sainte-Anne Loppet used to be a point to point affair finishing at Camp Mercier, 65 km away.  <sigh> the one that got away.  

I've posted al the info I have on skiing in that part of the world.  You could Google "skiing in  Saugenay Quebec" but that's like 120 miles east of Quebec City.