Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Why doesn't Gore?

x10003q
Footer wrote
gebbyfish wrote
have a Gore only pass?
They do... but it is midweek only.  Been skiing it for the last two years.  Good value if you can ski only midweek.  Personally, I would love the ability to add whiteface to it but whiteface does not have the midweek pass.
Whiteface has a non-holiday WF only including weekends pass for $429 thru April 19. It is a huge deal if you ski WF only. It seems that it is not available at any price after April 19. It is a nice bone for the WF locals who don't want or need to buy the full pass or the $585 WF/Gore non holiday pass. Gore does offer a midweek non holiday only pass for $399. I do not understand why Gore does not offer the same $429 pass that WF offers.
Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
And it looks like the friends and family discount is gone so it's full rate now.

Tom
Reply | Threaded
|

Footer
In reply to this post by x10003q
x10003q wrote
Footer wrote
gebbyfish wrote
have a Gore only pass?
They do... but it is midweek only.  Been skiing it for the last two years.  Good value if you can ski only midweek.  Personally, I would love the ability to add whiteface to it but whiteface does not have the midweek pass.
Whiteface has a non-holiday WF only including weekends pass for $429 thru April 19. It is a huge deal if you ski WF only. It seems that it is not available at any price after April 19. It is a nice bone for the WF locals who don't want or need to buy the full pass or the $585 WF/Gore non holiday pass. Gore does offer a midweek non holiday only pass for $399. I do not understand why Gore does not offer the same $429 pass that WF offers.
That is a killer deal, would love to be able to pick that up.  Well worth the extra 40 bucks to get a few weekends in.  
Reply | Threaded
|

bean valley
I meant this for yesterday but couldn't get to the clacketty box 'til late because of work. In any case, I heard that Gore will experiment next year with towed-in backcountry skiing. Due to the phenomenal success of the Rhino-Lift ("Lift 15"?) hauling tired Burnt Ridge skiers along Hedges back to Twister, Gore will be dragging intrepid side-country tyros to previously non-lift serviced terrain.
Great idea, I say; keepin' up with the Jones!
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by Footer
Footer wrote
x10003q wrote
Footer wrote
gebbyfish wrote
have a Gore only pass?
That is a killer deal, would love to be able to pick that up.  Well worth the extra 40 bucks to get a few weekends in.
pretty sure $429
              - $399
              -------
            =  $30
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.