Will be Skiing in June this yr in NNY !!!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Will be Skiing in June this yr in NNY !!!

warp daddy

the Queen and i just back from a brisk 3 miler along the riverfront .

The Snow in my yard still 3 feet deep on the level , snowbanks at shoulder height along streets and driveways , 12 degree temps, very brisk NW winds .

Spring , i think Not, With no end in sight according to local weather guessers ,so if lifts still spin the season will Be Looooong ,otherwise earned turns will be made . Spring kiddie sports will be hard pressed to get on any field up here for some time .THIS has been a winter akin to those of the early 1970's .

Im loving it ,but the wails and moans of the couch potatoes are at an all time high  But i have great fun needling them to get active and so some fun stuff instead of bitching about chit u have zeeeeero control over
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Will be Skiing in June this yr in NNY !!!

PeeTex
I bet the ski shops and snow sled retailers needed this winter.

I was thinking the annual Tucks trip, usually a good time when the Daks melt out but this year Colden has a 7' snowpack. The corn harvest should last a long time.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
A deep corn harvest in the high peaks sounds pretty sweet. Especially if it's still going half way in the year. I wonder what year featured the latest Marcy was ever really worth skiing?

Granted, this post has anti-jinx written all over it.

ANTI JINX

Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
ah those with short memories or no memory
after the incredible 1976/1977 winter,  very similar to the current one..we roasted in the 90's in early april..

"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
There you go again Jason , confusing us with the facts !
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Skidds
Who would have thought a few weeks ago, when the WF snow total barely topped 100 inches, that any thread would use incredible and this season in the same sentence.  Still less than 150 inches at WF, so not a great snow year....but it's come at the right times and the mountain is skiing great.