Windham Conditions

76 messages Options
12345 ... 8
Harvey Harvey
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Windham Conditions

From Windham this afternoon:

"The warm weather is officially gone and the cold air that moved in is ideal for incredible snowmaking. Windham Mountain Resort’s snowmakers started back up Monday night resurfacing our open terrain and plan to move toward expanding trail availability as soon as possible. We are ready for a great wintery-Christmas week with great skiing and riding on expanding terrain."

Windham lights it up

(via mobile)
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
ml242 ml242
Reply |

Windham was so soft today. No lines. Just soft turns. It was so good.
cf15130 cf15130
Reply |

"Calling all Powder Hounds, 9-13” total from this storm so far with an additional 1-2"possible today as the storm moves on out."

Last powder storm they were pretty spot on with their condition report (12/14-12/15).  I'm going to assume this isn't an overstatement.  How crowded do we think its going to be for 8am open tomorrow (specifically Holiday crowd hangover)?  Unfortunately I find a lot of terrain skied off by noon after storms of this size : /
scottski63 scottski63
Reply |

windham did not disappoint today fresh tracks until I had to leave at noon

stilluf stilluf
Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey
Was at Windham on 3/1.  Decent temps with snow falling all day, not too crowded.  Trails were a little bit skied off, and icy towards the end of the day, but decent on the sides.  Wedel skiied SUPER fast.  Damn there is a ton of snow in the woods!  Basically can go anywhere.  Saw tracks going thru the cleared lots above C lift!  
essiee essiee
Reply |

Windham April 1st

Absolutely gorgeous sunny day with temperatures around 32. A, D and G lifts were running, mostly empty. Good coverage everywhere and not icy. Wolverine, Wedel and Why Not were all in a great shape. It feels wrong that the resort is closing this Sunday, when skiing is at its best!

Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Welcome to the forums essiee.

That's the way they roll at Windham. They feel that their customers have moved on by mid-April and they shut 'er down.

Having some hills close down may make operations more profitable for those who do stay open.

Thanks for the pics and report.
essiee essiee
Reply |

Thanks Harvey. I guess it makes sense to close down, if there are no customers... I wish more people would take advantage of these beautiful spring days!
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

essiee wrote
I guess it makes sense to close down, if there are no customers... I wish more people would take advantage of these beautiful spring days!
Not none, but certainly a lot less after President's Day.  I'd bet most here are in agreement that April skiing is better than November, but humans are human...they do what they do.

Plattekill, Belle, Hunter after this weekend... or farther north.
Glade Runner Glade Runner
Reply |

Hey Harv, do you know when they're going to shut down Plattekill?
12345 ... 8