Windham Sat Dec 18

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Windham Sat Dec 18

Gunny J
Got to Windham early 8:00 plenty of trails open ,some a little icey ,but if your skis were tuned you could rip them. Lots of peple in the base area but slopes  uncrowded and never a wait in the lift line. Wedgie was fun as was Wedel's soft moguls. Lower Wipeout had some made made untracked snow in the yards of the houses. Good ski day was had!
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Windham Sat Dec 18

fahz
I was also there on Saturday.  The newly opened East Peak was not crowded at all.  Wanderer a green trail was groomed ice and chunky in spots, Wedgie was better, didn't ski Wing'n it but it was open with huge piles of snow from snow making that had not been knocked down with enough bamboo to make it look more like a slalom course.  The main peak - Whistler, Wraparound, Wolverine much better skiing but found as the day went on more places became skied off.  At times found it somewhat crowded there and at the top of the lift with everyone buckling in.   First time skiing Wedel seemed to be in good shape enjoyed it, put me on my backside for one trip down.  Mid morning seemed the most crowded with some lines.  Started of a little cloudy but blue skies in the afternoon.  I agree with Gunny J - a "Good ski day was had!"
11/25, 1/28, 4/6 Okemo; 12/03, 3/4, 4/7 Stratton; 12/10 - Skiing Santas, 1/15, 3/10 Whiteface; 12/22, 3/3 Gore; 12/26 Snow Ridge; 12/28 Stratton; 1/20 Mt Sunapee; 1/21 Pico; 2/3 Killington; 2/7, 3/7 Windham; 2/16 Eldora; 2/17, 2/18, 2/20 Winter Park; 2/19 Steamboat; 2/21 Copper; 3/11 Jiminy Peak; 3/17 Bromley; 3/25, 4/8 Belleayre; 3/31 Hunter