Windham Uphill Access

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Windham Uphill Access

gefiltephish
Just wanted to spread the word about Windham's uphill access. $20/day, $50/season. They allow access 24/7, with designated routes (on their terrain report) for when they're not open. It seems very rare/cool to allow hiking up while the lifts are spinning, I've just been hugging the side of the trail.

Today was day 3 of hiking there for me- good times! I have an Ikon pass, and live about an hour south, so I'm enjoying having an affordable option to ski closer to home when conditions aren't bomber / when I can't justify a discounted 'empire card' day at Belleayre/Gore/Whiteface. Have a great holiday y'all
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Windham Uphill Access

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
This is very cool.

Merry Christmas!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Windham Uphill Access

Brownski
Windham is totally cool with the uphill. I wrote a TR about it last year. Ironically the family oriented places seem to be more open to skinning. Windham  rents snowshoes and allow hikers as well so letting folks skin up the same routes is a small step. Pico and Killington (and Stratton I think) have pretty good policies too- I think for the same reason. Belle and Gore on the other hand are not open to skinning at all.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller