Windham area Mtn Bike Trails

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Windham area Mtn Bike Trails

stilluf
Has anybody ridden the public Mtn bike trails over by Windham Mountain (not the ski mtn)?  Now that the ski area is opening their trails to the public, I'm thinking of heading up with some friends, but would be great to have both sets of trails available.  Any other  biking trails near to Windham?
thanks!  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Windham area Mtn Bike Trails

Chris
Hoping that someone can answer this
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
Windam Mt. Outfitters
(518) 734-4700

They have trail maps there. I've never ridden down there, but my daughter lives in the area and she said they would have the answers for you.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

GoofyRider
I rode the Elm Ridge trails last weekend.  These trails are on the lower portion of the Windham High Peak (not the ski mtn).  There are trails on both the north and south faces of the ridge up to the lean-to.  Parking is in the Elm Ridge parking lot on route 23 just east of Windham village. We rode about 12-14 miles with around 1300 ft of vert.  Nice single track, good in either direction except for the one killer descent trail Acid Drop.  I don't know of any maps online, you should be able to strava explore to them though for a rough map.

There are also trails over in Round Top about 20 mins from the Elm Ridge parking lot.  I haven't ridden them but heard they are also very good.  Check out Round Top Mountain Bike Association on facebook.
Reply | Threaded
|

stilluf
Thanks for the info- can't wait to check these out!