327 messages Options
1 ... 14151617
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Winter Weather 2016-2017

JasonWx
here's something out of the box..
bag this trip and wait till April and go to Mt Bachelor for the ultimate corn harvest...I love Bachelor and the town of Bend..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
If you head for Tahoe, Squaw  has just started selling passes for next yr. for 500. you can get a mid week pas now and ski till June then all of next yr. Which of course includes Alpine.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I kept the tickets to Reno!  The Sierra look like the locale with the best prospects for snow through the 26th.  Models in good agreement for a moderate system Monday night through Wednesday, with snow levels below lake level from Tuesday on.  Then the chance of another shot Friday into Saturday.  A couple feet or more through the week may be in the cards.  While AR events aren't common the second half of March, a couple of weak AR events is just what may be setting up.  Given this crazy winter I'll bet on the River!  Chance to check out Sugar Bowl (Saturday, if it's storming), and a chance on Sunday to explore more of Squaw than just KT.

Looks like the heavier precip during the week will stay north of Mammoth.  Moving the trip?  Nah, too many moving parts in April.  Plus, I don't have a unicorn so when the wife is the one who initiates the "you should go" (as opposed to the usual "wtf?" to my hatched schemes)....well, YOU GO!  That, and my brother is coming with and already took the days off.  Shopping not the same in Cali, but I'll get more gambling time in Reno than I'd have gotten at the Muckleshoot.  

I purchased insurance on the Delta Award tix to SEA.  Given the hand injury I picked up Monday playing soccer (doc visit and x-rays to prove) I'm pretty sure the insurance will cover the re-deposit fees.

Whiteface this weekend, Tahoe next, Whiteface the weekend after....and surely a day or two more through April.  There have been some interesting moments along the way but the winter weather is going out strong!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Sounds like a excellent plan..
My wife gave me the go ahead last week to go..I took the money and bought a carbon framed MTB...I guess I need to mention that to her..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Nice.....although I guess the MTB riding will have to wait a bit!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
How are things looking for next weekend? At the moment I'm seeing some pretty warm temps Saturday and not the right kind of precip....any info on the next system?
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
cold wed/thur
then maybe some snow or rain this weekend , to early to tell..

looks like a spring pattern after this weekend..
"Peace and Love"
1 ... 14151617