Zermatt proposes longest DH course

Marcski
Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Zermatt proposes longest DH course

Z
This is more about The Swiss trying to replace the Lauberhorn in Wengen which they are having a financial dispute with the race organizers
A new course will not be able to have the quirky features of the classic in Wengen that don’t meet the regs but are Grandfathered in

The Fis has also proposed having a Euro only World Cup and the early season snow in Zermatt replaces the Beaver Creek and Lake Lindsey DHs in late Nov or early Dec.  they also floated the idea that only Euros might race in WCs this season.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

trackbiker
From the article it appears that the race will only start in Switzerland. Most of the race including the finish line will be in Italy. Most of the racers and spectators would likely stay in Breui-Cervinia as opposed to Zermatt. At that altitude there is also a high chance that the top would be in the clouds on race day and would then have to start lower down and hence be completely in Italy.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
I know about the issues between Wengen and the WC; I hope they can work through them. Wengen is one of my favorite spots on the tour.  Those races are insane and so much fun to watch. But still, a 5k DH would be amazing!