cheap clothing in New York looking for advice

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

cheap clothing in New York looking for advice

Aussie Mike
Hello my boys and I are coming to north America in Dec from Australia and will be off to Canada for some skiing. I'm looking to pick up some discount ski clothing and gear in New York when we land. Can I ask for suggestion and ideas please Thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: cheap clothing in New York looking for advice

marznc
Aussie Mike wrote
Hello my boys and I are coming to north America in Dec from Australia and will be off to Canada for some skiing. I'm looking to pick up some discount ski clothing and gear in New York when we land. Can I ask for suggestion and ideas please Thanks.
Is there a reason you want to shop in New York City instead of in Canada?  NYC is generally a pretty expensive place to buy anything.
Reply | Threaded
|

Aussie Mike
Time really I guess I would like to have it organised for when I get there
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
I am not sure where you will be staying but I think Campmor on Route 17 in Paramus, NJ is probably the best place for your needs close to NYC.

https://www.campmor.com

I'm sure you could order it online before you leave and have it waiting for you at the retail store. Just note not all items online are in the retail store. They have a separate storage/shipping facility.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Marcski wrote
That's a really good idea.

Mike why wouldn't you buy your gear in Australia?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I endorse the campmor idea as well. And if there’s some little bit of specific gear you can’t find, there’s a big ski barn just north of there and Ramsey outdoors a little further north of there (on the southbound side though)
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller