49 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pick up truck advice for a skiing family

Johnnyonthespot
campgottagopee wrote
ScottyJack wrote
Coach gets the best deals. No one gets better deals than Coach!
LOL

Supplier discounts are a dealers dream
Right below the "I just had my car totaled." Customer?
I don't rip, I bomb.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Campy I had price checked another dealer without the discount and it was a good dealHow does this work out for the dealer
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
What I meant was it's a win - win for everyone involved. There's no negotiation because the price is set in stone. The dealer then gets a kickback from the manufacture for making the deal with one of their suppliers. Everyone walks away happy! That's the best part.
Reply | Threaded
|

green light
Just bought my third F-150. 2001 super crew and 2007 super cab were the first 2. Both 5.4 V8s. Went with a 2017 super cab with the 3.5 ecoboost this time. Towing the boat and around town driving got me 16 mpg on the first tank. Much better than the 12 mpg the 07 got on average. Didn't know how I would like the 6 cylinder, I was always a V8 guy. So far so good. Wife drives a 17 outback, her third also. Both vehicles fit our lifestyles perfectly.
its a beautiful thing
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Coach I'll be curious how you like that motor. Like Green Light I'm a V8 guy. The bigger the better.
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
campgottagopee wrote
Coach I'll be curious how you like that motor. Like Green Light I'm a V8 guy. The bigger the better.
Also curious to hear about this motor.  I may be in the market for a truck again, maybe one with some better fuel economy...two weeks after ski season ended lost oil pressure in my V-10 F250 and now the thing is toast.  No time or motivation to swap the motor...$4k for a longblock.

Those new F-150s are pretty nice...I like the aluminum body thing as it seems all trucks end up with rotted wheel wells.

Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
It towed my 20 foot hole boat up some big hills just fine last weekend.  A have a company car so this truck will be my wife's primary ride.  We went with the 2.7 ecoboost engine to get the better gas mileage.  There also was some additional incentives on that engine so it was a couple grand cheaper.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

green light
This is from Ford: 2.7 ecoboost 325hp, torque is 375 @ 3000 rpm, 20 mpg avg. 3.5 ecoboost 375hp, torque is 470 @ 3000 rpm, 20 mpg avg. 5.0 V8 385 hp, torque 387 @ 3850 rpm, 17 mpg avg. Big torque difference between 3.5 and 5.0 and at lower rpm's. Not much hp difference.
its a beautiful thing
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
You could always get a Titan XD
555 torque @ 1600 rpm