snow tonight and Saturday

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

snow tonight and Saturday

evergreen
Good news folks, review of weather servers indicates 3-6 possible for tonight and another system with 6-12 possible on Sat during the day.  These are "best case" scenarios, but something to keep an eye on.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: snow tonight and Saturday

highpeakskier
where's it suppose to fall and where did you get that info? I see 1" for tonight and maybe snow Saturday. That's on the
Weather channel and NOAA. The weather man is like a car salesman, I don't trust or rely on them!!
nature gave us a brain, life gives us a mind. (little dog with Rockies Collegiate Peaks in backround)
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
dusting to a 1" tonight..3-5 on saturday...then  warm up  and rain monday for the cats on south..just a warmish day for the dacks with some light rain
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
Yeah..so far I only see a dusting tonight and 2-4 for the catskills and poconos friday night into saturday..still better than nothing. Already making plans for Saturday morn'
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Reply | Threaded
|

evergreen
from NWS Albany weather discussion: http://www.atmos.albany.edu/gopher-local/albany/FPUS03

THINKING
REMAINS FOR THE HIGHEST TOTALS ACROSS THE SRN DACKS...SRN
GREENS...NRN BERKS...AND PARTS OF THE MOHAWK VALLEY WITH 2-4 INCHES.
AN INCH OR TWO IS POSSIBLE FROM THE CAPITAL REGION NORTHWARD INTO THE
LAKE GEORGE REGION AND WEST INTO THE ERN CATSKILLS. AN INCH OR LESS
IS POSSIBLE IN THE MID HUDSON VALLEY...SRN TACONICS SOUTHWARD.

&&

.SHORT TERM /6 PM THIS EVENING THROUGH SATURDAY/...
A BRIEF VISIT BY HIGH PRESSURE ON FRIDAY...THEN ANOTHER FAST MOVING
SYSTEM WILL AFFECT THE REGION LATE FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY. THIS
LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL BE BETTER ORGANIZED AND ALSO TRACK TO THE
SOUTH OF THE REGION...MOVING OFF THE MID ATLANTIC COAST ON SATURDAY.
HEAVIER SNOW POSSIBLE WITH THIS SYSTEM...BUT NO MAJOR STORM IS
EXPECTED. PRELIMINARY FORECAST SNOWFALL AMOUNTS INDICATE ONE TO FOUR
INCHES OF SNOW POSSIBLE ACROSS THE NORTHERN HALF OF THE FORECAST
AREA...AND 3 TO 7 INCHES OVER THE SOUTH.
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
Looks like another south tracking storm for tonight and tomorrow..mostly hitting the poconos and catskills..same pattern forming as last year? If i remember correctly most of the storms last year hit pretty far south too..
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Reply | Threaded
|

highpeakskier
We don't have crapola here in Lake Placid. We got a dusting last night and a dusting the night before. The winds have been a howl'n. I can't believe the gondi isn't closed again. Looks like the micro storm is going to miss us again. I see the WF summit expert slopes are closed again. Hopefully we will get a big storm soon!!
nature gave us a brain, life gives us a mind. (little dog with Rockies Collegiate Peaks in backround)
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
ANNNNDDD highs in the 40s and rain by Tuesday of course..when will winter finally stick around?
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
i should be at Bell tomorrow
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
I was going to go to Bell, but i have way too much crap to do this weekend..looks like just some evening runs at Camelback again for me..